Membership makes everything we do here at SAM possible. Supporting and growing the visual arts in Spartanburg, through your SAM membership, makes a wealth of art-fueled experiences, resources, and benefits available to everyone in our community.
Over the past year, members have enabled us to:
• Plan 65 free/low cost community events
• Hold 331 Art School class sessions
• Host 9 Exhibitions of Regionally and Internationally important Art
• Provide free admission to 10,562 visitors
• Exhibit the work of 115 Artists
• Serve 2,246 children through free and reduced-cost art courses, group tours, & free exhibitions admission
• Preserve hundreds of drawings, rare books, paintings, and historic documents for future generations
• Graduate from the HOI (Healthy Organizations Institute) a training program for non-profit leadership staff emphasizing best practices in finance, operations, and governance
• Begin the rigorous process of national accreditation through the American Alliance of Museum’s MAP (Museum Assessment Program)
• Develop a strategic plan outlining our next 3-5 years of growth and goal-setting
All of these programs are directly underwritten by membership, and without members, we cannot continue to offer them to the community. We’re proud of what we’ve been able to do in the past year, and with your support think we can accomplish even more in the coming year. We want to offer more multimedia artwork, more challenging contemporary exhibitions, video-blogs and interviews, more opportunities for artists to get involved in what matters to the community, more one-of-a-kind events, more free educational resources for schools, more public art, more members-only events, and more dynamic online content!
Elizabeth Goddard George Nixon
Executive Director Board President
SAM is funded in part by the Chapman Cultural Center, INC and its donors, the County and City of Spartanburg, and the South Carolina Arts Commission which receives support from The National Endowment for the Arts.