wednesdays | 3.11 - 4.15.2020 | 6:30 - 9 pm | 6 weeks
INSTRUCTOR: Diarmuid Kelly
Diarmuid teaches a step-by-step approach to creating an oil painting, providing in-depth information about materials and processes including selecting brushes, canvas preparation, arranging color on a palette, and more! Bring a photograpic landscape or portrait reference to class. This class is ideal for the beginning painter.
- 1 canvas (for oil painting)- size optional. Keep the canvas size relatively small if you are a beginner.
- 1 pad of palette paper.
- 1 pad of canvas paper.
- 1 small bottle of liquin.
- 1 bottle of refined linseed.
- 1 bottle of odorless paint thinner.
- 1 roll of paper towels.
- 1 double clip on mixing cup.
- Brushes – student grade : ½” blender brush, size 1 filbert, size 8 filbert, size 0 short handled round, 1 large 2” soft haired household paint brush. ¾” flat.
- Paints- Winsor and Newton brand ( Optional).
Cadmium red( deep hue), paynes gray, French ultramarine, permanent green light, phthalo blue, yellow ochre, burnt sienna, cadmium yellow pale hue, oxide of chromium, soft mixing white, burnt umber, Vandyke brown, olive green.
Note: The paints above should not cost any more than $8 per tube. Be careful not to overspend. There are box sets with a multiple selection of oil paints available at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Dick Blick etc at reduced prices.
Oil Painting Fundamentals (night) wednesdays 6:30-9 pm Diarmuid Kelly
Pre-registration is required for all classes and students are only registered when payment has been received. In order for instructors to plan properly, students should register at least one (1) week before the start date of the class. If you register less than one week before class, the class fee will increase by $10.