mondays | 3.9 - 4.13.2020 | 6 - 8 pm | 6 weeks
INSTRUCTOR: Kara Bender
In this course, students will learn the fundamentals of drawing. They will be taught how to train their eye to understand three dimensions and transfer this to 2 dimensional form using contour drawing, perspective and value studies. Discover how to draw with proper techniques using a variety of materials including graphite pencils, charcoal and more. A materials list is provided below.
- Art tape
- Post-it notes (square or rectangle, used to keep clean boarders)
- Black ink (Higgins Black Magic works well)
- White charcoal pencil
- Charcoal pencils (4B 6B 2B) (Comes in packs with all 3)
- Compressed charcoal (4B 6B 2B) (Comes in packs with all 3)
- Conte Crayons (Sepia, Brown, White and Black) (Comes in packs with all 4)
- White eraser, kneaded eraser, pencil eraser
- Micron Pens, Black, .05, .03, .005
- 1 Pad of Bristol board or Illustration board 14“x 17” or larger
- Stumps or Tortillons (available in a pack of various sizes)
Beginning Drawing | mondays 6-8 pm with Kara Bender
Pre-registration is required for all classes and students are only registered when payment has been received. In order for instructors to plan properly, students should register at least one (1) week before the start date of the class. If you register less than one week before class, the class fee will increase by $10.