fridays | 9.27 - 11.1.2019 | 9 - 11:30 am | 6 weeks
INSTRUCTOR: Kathleen Digney
Sketch and paint on-location in the beautiful Hatcher Garden on Friday mornings! Landscape sketching, botanical studies, and incorporating architectural elements will be subjects of exploration. Use the suggested class materials, or bring the media of your choice. All artistic levels of experience are welcome, and instruction will be individually tailored to your needs and skill level.
- A hat, folding chair, something to drink, bug spray and sunscreen
- graphite pencils (a variety of soft to hard) suggested - 2h, 2B, 6B
- or ebony pencils
- or charcoal pencils (4B 6B 2B) (Comes in packs with all 3)
- or conte crayons (Sepia, Brown, or Black)
- White eraser, kneaded eraser, pencil eraser
- Stumps or tortillons (available in a pack of various sizes)
- Either super fine tip sharpie marker or micron pen
- small water color pallet with 6 - 12 colors
- 2-3 different sizes of pointed water color brushes
- Container with lid for water
- paper towels
- 1 pad of mixed media paper 14“x 17” or 11" x 14"
Sketching in the Garden | fridays 9-11:30 am with Kathleen Digney
Pre-registration is required for all classes and students are only registered when payment has been received. In order for instructors to plan properly, students should register at least one (1) week before the start date of the class. If you register less than one week before class, the class fee will increase by $10.