tuesdays | 3.12 - 4.9.2019 | 6 - 8:30pm | 5 weeks
INSTRUCTOR: Kathleen Digney
Work from a still life composition as Kathleen demonstrates color mixing and layering, understanding value, creating subtle tonal shifts, and good draftsmanship. All skill levels are welcome.
Materials to bring to class
- Battery operated pencil sharpener
- A graphite pencil (preferably on the lighter side – ex: 2h or hb),
- kneaded eraser and white plastic eraser
- A roll of 1” masking tape or artists tape
- Some type of board to which you can attach your paper. Make sure the surface is smooth and hard
- A couple of sheets of either Canson Mitientes paper, Strathmore charcoal paper, sanded pastel paper or Ampersand board in a light gray color.
Kathleen recommends buying individual pencils rather than sets. By purchasing individual pencils, one creates a personalized palette without purchasing colors that you may never use.
Make sure you purchase Berol Premier Prismacolor Pencils and not Prismacolor Verithin.
Must have pencils
Should have pencils
French Gray – 20%
If you have other colors you like, please bring them.
Working with Colored Pencils | tuesdays 6-8:30 pm with Kathleen Digney
Pre-registration is required for all classes and students are only registered when payment has been received. In order for instructors to plan properly, students should register at least one (1) week before the start date of the class. If you register less than one week before class, the class fee will increase by $10.